If you loved our VERY BERRY PANCAKES you will absolutely love the Pineapple and Passionfruit variation.
Fresh pineapple is best but if you can't get your hands on one don't worry the can work just as well.
The recipe makes one stack of pancakes but double or triple for sharing for more
1 Cup Oat Flour
1 Cup Plant-Based Milk
1 tsp Mixed spice
1 Medium Banana
1/2 tsp Chia Seeds
2 tbsp Maple Syrup
OPTIONAL: Add 2tsp of Maca Powder for extra benefits.
Pineapple & Passionfruit Topping
2 Cup Sliced Pineapple
1 tbsp Maple Syrup
OPTIONAL: Sprinkle extra Chia Seeds
*Ooops forgot to picture the Banana
Oat Flour: Blend oats first in a blender until it resembles a fine flour
Add the rest of the pancake ingredients and blend until smooth.
3. While mixture sits for 5 minutes to thicken as the Chia seeds expand.
4. Cut pineapple rings into halves
5. Using a large frying pan and add the coconut oil on medium heat.
6. Once the oil has melted measure out the mixture into a 1/4 cup and then pour it slowly, towards the centre of the pan.
7. Place 2 pineapple ring halves to one half of the pancake
8. Once pancake mixture starts firming and browning test with a spatula to see if it lifts out the pan easily
9. Fold the pancake in half with a spatula allowing the middle layer to cook through
OPTIONAL: If the pancake is delicate. Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the pancake on it. Warm the oven to a medium heat until it is brown and firm.
10. Repeat the process until mixture is finished
Pineapple and Passion Fruit Topping
In a medium heated pan heat pineapple until it has a lovely brown tint on either side
Add Passionfruit and Maple Syrup and stir
Warm for 2 minutes and then drizzle generously over pancakes
Enjoy Sweety x