The name probably got inspiration from the Rastafari culture of Red, Green, and Yellow.
Bell peppers are usually the colour indicators and for this recipe, we used Red and Yellow with Green Kale instead of Green Bell Pepper.
This recipe makes 2-3 portions.
1/2 Red Bell Pepper
1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper
1/2 Green Bell Pepper (optional)
1/2 Medium Onion
1 -2 Cloves fresh garlic (paste can be substituted)
1 Can of Chickpeas
1 -1/2 Cups Whole wheat/Plant-based Pasta
2 tsp Dunns River Jerk Seasoning
125g Plain Cashew Nuts
1/2 Cup Water/Plant-Based Milk
1 cup of Kale
Seasonings: Sea/Himalayan Salt, Crushed Black Pepper, Garlic & Coriander seasoning (To taste or apx 1 tsp each)
Cashew Jerk Sauce
Soak cashews for a minimum of 1 hour or preferably overnight
Add drained cashews and 1/2 cup of water or plant-based milk to a blender
Add jerk seasoning and blend until smooth
See more here
4. Boil pasta according to pack instructions adding a light amount of salt.
5. Slice onions and minced garlic
6.To a medium heated pan add onion and garlic with a tbsp of Olive Oil and lightly fry until onions are translucent.
7. Add seasonings to the pan including the bell peppers
8. Add drained chickpeas
9. Pour in Jerk cashew sauce mixing all ingredients in the pan
* Add small amounts of plant-milk to ensure there is enough to cover the pasta
10. Drain pasta and add to the Jerk Cashew sauce
Serve with steamed Kale