Updated: Jun 11
This creation was made from a freezer raid. You will be surprised at what we ended up using. It's quite a flexible recipe you can use medium/hard vegetables and any grains.
Broccoli Stem (yes you read right)
1/2 Cup Frozen Vegetables (Sweetcorn, Pea, Carrot, Green Beans)
1/4 Cup Mushrooms
1 Cup Bulgur Wheat (Quinoa & Brown/Wild rice can be subbed)
1/2 Medium Onion
1 Clove Garlic
2 Tbsp Tomato Puree
1/2 Cup Uncooked Grains (1 Cup Cooked)
3 Peppers (6 halves)
Cook grains according to pack instructions.
Finely chop the onion and add to medium heated pan
Cook lightly until onions are translucent
Wash and chop mushrooms adding to the pan until brown
5. Wash and dice the broccoli stem and add to the pan with the frozen vegetables
6. Mince garlic and along with seasonings add to the pan and stir.
7. Squeeze Tomato Puree into pan and add 100ml water. Stirring it all together.
8. Mix in cooked grains until the sauce has been absorbed by the grains.
9. Wash peppers and cut in half removing the seeds.
10. When the peppers have browned carefully take out the oven and fill with the grain and vegetable mixture
10. Pop back in the oven for 10minutes
Serve with fresh salad and/or green veg