Sweet Potato Brownie
Updated: Jun 11
We've nailed it! There have been many (unsuccessful) attempts to make deliciously moist brownies.
This recipe makes 6 brownies
1 Medium Sized Potato (1 Cup Sweet Potato Pureed)
1 Cup of Oat Flour (see recipe here)
¾ Cup Cacao
¾ Cup Coconut Sugar
¼ Cup Maple Syrup
½ to 1 Cup Plant Milk
¼ Cup Coconut Oil (Melted)
½ Cup Chia Seeds
Pre-heat oven to a medium heat
Sweet Potato Puree
1. Wash and boil Sweet Potato until soft.
2. Once cooled remove skin
3. In a mixing bowl using a fork mash Sweet Potato until pureed
4. Mix in the dry ingredients
5. Then stir in the milk and maple syrup
6. Add coconut oil to the mixture
7. Optional add water to the chia seeds and let sit for 5mins before stirring into the mixture
8. In a baking dish lightly grease the tin with coconut oil and line with baking paper
9.. Pour in brownie mixture
10. Cook in the oven for 12minutes or until it passes the knife test
nb Knife test is when you insert a blunt knife or toothpick into the centre of the brownie mix to see if the crumb has set. If the test object comes out clean, it's done!
If it comes out with crumbs on it or in a gummy like texture it needs a bit more time in the oven.
10. Once the knife test is clear. Carefully take out of the oven and cool for a bit before cutting into squares
We know that you'd enjoy this :)